Pages

Tuesday, May 2, 2017

Maureen's Memere's Recipe

Maureen's Family Recipe
View this email in your browser

Free Family Recipe

Dear Judith,

Yesterday, due to a software application glitch we had several people with difficulty accessing my grandmother's recipe. So, I wanted to send it out to you again today with an updated link. I hope you enjoy the recipe.





In celebration of Mother's Day and all families everywhere, several of this month's blog posts and the photos shared from my library revolve around food. Our food stories are part of the glue that binds us together with our past.

I have created a special giveaway for this month, a recipe from my grandmother. I found a partially handwritten recipe in my grandmother’s cookbook, a family heirloom.  There were no directions on oven temperature or on the size of the box of raisins/baking pan dimensions. I had no idea how long it would take to bake.   It’s a dense cake that’s dairy-free and can be made gluten-free.  You can download both the recipes here.


Happy May, I hope to see you!

Maureen

No comments:

Gratitude

When you arise in the morning, give thanks for the morning light, for your life and strength. Give thanks for your food, and the joy of living. If you see no reason for giving thanks, the fault lies with yourself.

--Chief Tecumseh

Home Page

Total Pageviews

All posts on this blog Copyright 2020 by Judy Shubert