Pages

Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Cheesecake Baking - Sour Cream, Cream Cheese, Sugar and Eggs

Do you love cheesecake? I think it is my favorite dessert. There are many different flavors you can experiment with but my favorite is the "Can't Fail Cheesecake" that I want to share with you.

I've heard many people say that they wouldn't try to make a cheesecake from "scratch", but they are the easiest things in the world to make. I love to make them for special occasions when my family and friends get together. My husband says that I'm just addicted to the compliments! That's probably true.

Several years ago a friend gave me her recipe. She assured me it was fool proof. Of course, I thought that I wouldn't be able to make one that looked and tasted like the wonderful bakery or cheesecake factory desserts; but I was so hungry for cheesecake I decided to give it a try.

My friend told me she had two secrets to success when baking her cheesecakes - not opening the oven door while baking and leaving the cake in the oven over night!

Can't Fail Cheesecake

1¼ cups crushed graham crackers

2 tablespoons sugar

2 tablespoons melted margarine or butter

2 8-ounce packages cream cheese

1 cup sugar

1 teaspoon vanilla

3 eggs

2 cups (16 ounces) sour cream

For the Crust

Combine graham cracker crumbs, 2 tablespoons sugar, and margarine or butter. Press into bottom only of spring-form pan.

Then

Cream together until fluffy the cream cheese, 1 cup sugar, and vanilla. Add 3 eggs, beating well after each addition. Fold in sour cream.

Pour over graham cracker crust and bake in 350ยบ oven for 30 minutes. Turn oven off - do not open oven door - leave in oven for 1 hour. Remove from oven and cool. Put in refrigerator.

If baking late at night you can leave the cheesecake in the oven until the next morning. I have done that and placed it in the refrigerator as soon as I get up.

Best if this is made the day before serving. But sometimes I can't wait that long!

My secret: Have all ingredients at room temperature.

I have read that the mark of a perfect cheesecake is having no cracks develop in the top while baking. Sometimes mine crack; sometimes they don't. No matter, they taste great. Those cracks can be covered by your choice of toppings.

Some favorite toppings of mine are cherry pie filling, chocolate syrup, strawberries and banana. Use your imagination and try this Easy recipe if you want a Can't Fail Cheesecake.

Also published by Judy Shubert at Associated Content.

No comments:

Gratitude

When you arise in the morning, give thanks for the morning light, for your life and strength. Give thanks for your food, and the joy of living. If you see no reason for giving thanks, the fault lies with yourself.

--Chief Tecumseh

Home Page

Total Pageviews

All posts on this blog Copyright 2020 by Judy Shubert